The number one enemy of our kids when they are of the age when they feel like running around the house all the time is germs. So here are a few germ-busters for your kids:
- Wash hands properly. Soap and water is still best.
- Wipe down high-touch areas like walls, drawer handles, toy chests and cupboards, light switches, night stands, clock radios, reading glasses, computer keyboards, and desk surfaces. Wipe these with disinfectant wipes to kill germs on contact.
- Limit play dates during cold and flu season. Remember that they can get colds and flu from other kids.
- Make sure toys are clean.
- Change bedsheets weekly. Immediately if something sticky spilled on it.
- Keep pets off the bed. More so if your kid has asthma. Your pet’s hair can trigger an attack.
- Mop the floor.