Happiness is a choice. That what I always say. There are ways we can make ourselves happy. All we need to do is to follow these 9 ways to get happy in the next 30 minutes…
1. Raise your activity level to pump up your energy. Instead of sending out an email or calling a co-worker, walk to his/her office or cubicle. Take a brisk walk even going to the bathroom or to take a coffee break. Or better yet…
2. Take a walk outside. Light improves mood and to make things better, get your sunlight first thing in the morning. See if it doesn’t improve your happiness level.
3. Reach out. Act friendly so that others will act that way towards you.
4. Rid yourself of a nagging task. Do it now! Don’t postpone to later a task you wanted to do now.
5. Create a more serene environment. Organize your desk and see an improvement in your mood after you finished.
6. Do a good deed. It need not be grand. A good deed can be as simple as passing along a useful information to someone. Or giving someone praise.
7. Save someone’s life.
8. Act happy. Fake it ’til you feel it. I am telling you that happiness is a choice. You can choose to be happy until you can finally feel it!
9. Learn something new. Even how to operate the photocopier can bring you happiness, you know.
How many have you done in the past 30 minutes? Do you feel your mood have improved?